Being Too Naggy And Pushy - went out with a guy who invited me to a party?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_lizzbabe23_*

Guest_lizzbabe23_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2006 - 03:24 PM

Master The Fine Art of Talking to Women?

What should you look for to know whether he/she's truthful and suitable mate for you? Date a woman on par with you. As in don't reach out of your league.

How to Start and Keep The Conversation Going?

How to lead casual conversation with a romantic spark? Aspects of flirting that distinguish it from the ordinary courtesy. What are attraction turn-offs for most people?

How to Talk to Women Without Seeming Desperate?

How to find something in common to talk about? What kind of signs do girls give you when they're interested? Follow this advice and eventually you will have to work on figuring out which girls you want to keep.

I went out with a guy who invited me to a party. He told me to call him to get the details and I did. He never called back. I also texted him twice. Am I being to naggy. He is going to think that I am crazy for trying to talk to him.

#2 Guest_ForeverAFlirt_*

Guest_ForeverAFlirt_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:12 PM

Lizzbabe23,

You're not being "naggy", but "pushy" yes, and I do understand why. He told you to call him to "get details", and that's what you were trying to do. But by now, he knows that's what you were trying to do. It doesn't matter why he doesn't respond. It only matters that he doesn't respond. He never called back, and then ignored your text messages. I would not make any attempts to text or call him. He knows how to contact you. If he wants to, he will.

If not, leave him alone. You deserve better than to be ignored. His actions speak loud and clear. He will only think you're crazy if you continue trying to contact him after he's ignored you. Don't try to figure it out. This is what some guys do when they're occupied with other things. This is his loss. You deserve better than this treatment. Move on from this, and hopefully you'll meet someone else who is not so rude.

Good luck.

#3 Guest_Crushed_*

Guest_Crushed_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2006 - 06:04 PM

Why do some men do that? Why do they fail to return phone calls and respond to e-mails or text messages?

Your advice to Lizzbabe23 was to just forget about it rather than try to figure it out but I have been in a similar situation recently and can't stop wondering. Everytime I look at my caller ID history and see "out of area" or "unknown" calls, I start wondering whether it was him... It's so stupid and I know that it probably was not him but how can I stop myself from thinknig about it...

#4 Guest_*briseis*_*

Guest_*briseis*_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:15 PM

ForeverAFlirt,

you gave good advice. I agree with you that she doesn't deserve to be ignored. It can be kind of tricky though. I mean, in her case, I think she should let him be because he didn't even follow through with his own party invite. And you're right, if he wants to respond PERIOD, he will.

What you did was harmless, lizz. Don't worry.

I have something interesting to share though:

After I broke up with one particular guy in the most awkward way ever, I still texted and wrote him e-mails because the breakup was so sudden and I wanted him to truly understand where I was coming from. I felt like, if he really knew what kind of person I am, he wouldn't react to me the way he did. So, as stubborn as I am, I was persistent. I kept texting and calling and e-mailing here and there (not every day or anything like that) but I was persistent enough to prove a point.

In the beginning, he ignored me. He'd answer his phone sometimes and responded to my texts the same. I was so annoyed with him, to tell you the truth, because he's so NOT one to express his feelings and constantly left me in a state of frustration and confusion.

But I was still persistent. (I know, I know ... why bother? LOL). I just can't explain it, I just had to get through to this guy no matter how long it took. And after countless arguments and " make-ups," he slowly cracked. For the first time, he opened up ..... I mean, REALLYYY opened up to me.

We got it all out of our system, and till this day, we're tight. LMBOOO! I stopped texting him, calling, and e-mailing since then ... but he'll call to see how I'm doing and vise versa ... then we'll laugh about who we're interested in and fill each other in on events and such ...

We've come a longgggg way. Now, whenever he sees that I'm "talking" to a potential somebody, he gets protective ... but that's totally normal. lol. I do too.

The end. :unsure: I hope you guys don't mind my little story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users