Meeting The Parents

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AsianBeauties

AsianBeauties

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

Master The Fine Art of Talking to Women?

What should you look for to know whether he/she's truthful and suitable mate for you? Date a woman on par with you. As in don't reach out of your league.

How to Start and Keep The Conversation Going?

How to lead casual conversation with a romantic spark? Aspects of flirting that distinguish it from the ordinary courtesy. What are attraction turn-offs for most people?

How to Talk to Women Without Seeming Desperate?

How to find something in common to talk about? What kind of signs do girls give you when they're interested? Follow this advice and eventually you will have to work on figuring out which girls you want to keep.

If you're dating someone from another culture and it's serious, what's the best and successful way to introduce the parents to each other? :)

#2 Heart_Break_Kid

Heart_Break_Kid

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

I thought meeting my girlfriend's family was hard, luckily we were of the same culture so it was easier in that respect.

The key to meeting other cultures is to show interest in said culture. For instance, I have a christian friend who would never speak about my god, or religon or even wish me anything on our festivals simply because my religon is "WRONG" and his is "RIGHT". So a person like him, i would not want around my daughter lol.

Now, you are allowed to have your own views, but the objective is to show that you are not closed minded and that you will be open to their cultural customs too. If you read up on their culture, you can ask certain questions to help build conversation, AND if you don't know anything, thats fine too. Just ask questions, show that you care about listening to what they have to say. Once they see you respect their culture, they will respect you, and then your culture.

Goodluck with it. Be brave, go strong, and trust me, meeting the parents isnt so bad. Look to the mom for support especially! lol.

#3 Andrew Wilson

Andrew Wilson

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

You should first make your parents familiar with your lover's great achievements, if any or you should make good impression of your lover in front of your parents. Then start a discussion, that you love him/her.

This is the way that i choose, but if that would not work in your case then taking some relationship advice from an expert is not a bad idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users