Kinda Confused Here... Nothing New!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Reach1337

Reach1337

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:42 PM

Master The Fine Art of Talking to Women?

What should you look for to know whether he/she's truthful and suitable mate for you? Date a woman on par with you. As in don't reach out of your league.

How to Start and Keep The Conversation Going?

How to lead casual conversation with a romantic spark? Aspects of flirting that distinguish it from the ordinary courtesy. What are attraction turn-offs for most people?

How to Talk to Women Without Seeming Desperate?

How to find something in common to talk about? What kind of signs do girls give you when they're interested? Follow this advice and eventually you will have to work on figuring out which girls you want to keep.

Okay, so I don't have such a hard time approaching women, talking to them, being social, meeting new people, etc. However, it seems I get a lot of "fake" numbers when I get a number, or, if I do get the "right" number, they don't call me back. I feel like I've struck some luck if I actually talk to the woman after I've contacted her and get a date with her.

Some background on me, I'm not a bad looking guy, I've even been told by many of my girlfriends (yes, it's possible to just be friends with girls) that I'm a solid 9 or 9.5 on the looks scale. They even compare me to McSteamy (?). Usually, you get the impression that a good looking guy (or girl for that matter) can find a date in a snap. It seems this isn't true, or, at least for me it isn't.

What can I do to get "real" numbers? How can I get that first date with more ease? I have a hard time believing a woman would be intimidated by me, but is this possible? What can I do?

All feedback is welcome!

#2 Heart_Break_Kid

Heart_Break_Kid

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

The thing is, you have to be confident, and approach them!

It is of ocurse, easier said than done. I use to be in this same problem, i never could talk to anyone. After spending some more time talking on this forum i eventually picked up a few things.

You must first begin in steps. That is... currently you're a shy guy. I like to think of myself as a shy guy, despite all my friends saying that I am anything but Shy. Truth is to get around it, you have to go through steps. First, be a bit more open in your environment. That is like, you go out in public, just a simple nod or smile to acknowledge their presence. You may think u would appear idiotic at first, but if you think about it, they would feel nice about themselves that this hot guy said hi ;) and also, you would easily squeeze yourself into becoming more open. Just simple acknowledgements. Then after you get aa bit used to that, you can walk by any girl, and you would be telling them good evening, good morning or whatever. Simple conversations.

Once you are past those steps... IT DOES NOT get easier lol. It just gives you the background or the experience of being yourself, or just talking around them. And then, you will find approaching women be not as scary as it seem.

In my case, my girlfriend sort of made the move... LOL. So i don't think I ever got into investigating step 3! Although, she does give me the confidence to talk to other girls :) (Not like ask out btw, more like, interact lol).

But generally, you have to go back to basics... and start there. The key thing however, is to be yourself, while trying thos enew techniques. Some will be receptive of your efforts, some will not, they trick is.... the ones that don't... think of them as missing out on an opportunity. And with that in mind, u will be able to deal with such situations with confidence!

#3 Miriamne

Miriamne

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:58 AM

OK, here's what you do. Its kinda hard, but it could work. You can't just walk up to someone and say hi. It doesn't work that way. You need to think of something to say... like hey, "can I borrow your calculator for a sec", or "hey I really like the patches on your backpack"
or if your not in high school: (sorry for assuming)
"Hey, could I borrow your cell phone? or have I seen you somewhere?"

Ok, its really dumb. But that's what I do. And i've had a lot of guys say that they do that to girls. I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen... they still look at you funny? At least you won't look stupid.

#4 sarah_9

sarah_9

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

Hi,

One of my friend have a same problem but his problem was he was very showy and girls do flirt with such kind of boys but did not consider for serious date.

Regards,
sarah_9

#5 GentlemanPlayer

GentlemanPlayer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:07 AM

Here's a question Mate - what do you do after you call the girl and she doesn't pick up?

Personally, I find that a lot of girls find the first phone conversation to be somewhat intimidating so they would never answer the phone. Instead of waiting for them to call me back, I would then send her a text message detailing the when and where in the terms of the first date. I don't really consider it as a date - it's more of a casual friendly get together to get to know her better before I fork out $50-$100 on dinner.

For example, "Hey, how was the rest of your night? Are you interested in having breakfast next Sunday morning in the city. Let me know." This shows exactly what you plan to do - it's a no BS approach and it's simple.

The ball is now in her court. If she can't see the decisive guy who has just asked her out for a coffee then so be it. The less you attach yourself, the better - concentrate on what you can.

#6 happylove

happylove

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:shopping, taking pictures, video editing, beach

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:03 PM

Here's a question Mate - what do you do after you call the girl and she doesn't pick up?

Personally, I find that a lot of girls find the first phone conversation to be somewhat intimidating so they would never answer the phone. Instead of waiting for them to call me back, I would then send her a text message detailing the when and where in the terms of the first date. I don't really consider it as a date - it's more of a casual friendly get together to get to know her better before I fork out $50-$100 on dinner.

For example, "Hey, how was the rest of your night? Are you interested in having breakfast next Sunday morning in the city. Let me know." This shows exactly what you plan to do - it's a no BS approach and it's simple.

The ball is now in her court. If she can't see the decisive guy who has just asked her out for a coffee then so be it. The less you attach yourself, the better - concentrate on what you can.

Wow ^_^ If a guy who is interested in me does that, I tell you he will definitely get a call from me. It all comes down to a guy's persistence in getting to know me.

#7 Heart_Break_Kid

Heart_Break_Kid

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:01 AM

Why can't all girls be like you happylove? lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users